Using Visas Effectively To Accomplish Your Immigration Goals

In immigration law, the term “visa” is a broad one. It generally refers to an endorsement on a passport granting permission to gain entry to a country — and stay there for a certain period of time.

In practice, of course, the word is usually preceded by another one, such as student visa, H-1B visa or nonimmigrant (temporary) visa.

At Tanya M. Linetsky & Associates LLC, we can help you understand the numerous visa options and take action based on what is best for your situation. From our office in Cleveland, our Ohio law firm serves clients nationwide. Give us a call today to learn more from an experienced immigration attorney.

What Type Of Visa Best Suits Your Needs?

There are many different types of visas, but they fall into two main categories.

One category is nonimmigrant (i.e., temporary) visas. These are used by students and a broad spectrum of workers in particular fields, such as engineers and others who may be eligible for H-1B visas.

The other main category is immigrant visas. These are visas that allow for permanent residency. These visas often involve immediate family members of U.S. citizens or permanent residents, such as spouses or fiancé(e)s.

We can explain what your options are and guide you forward to take action based on your specific goals. If you are already in the U.S., we can advocate for you in the process of adjusting your status.

Get The Legal Advice You Need

The immigration system is very complicated. This means your immigration goals can easily get sidetracked without an effective lawyer to help you get through it.

We encourage you to reach out to us by phone at 216-291-5200 to get the help you need. Or, if you prefer, complete our online form.